Hello guys! Nice evening (or morning, or night?) to everyone.
I'm so hungry these days. I want to eat everything and especially chocolate and cheese, which is not the smartest choice since this is supposed to be time to show off bodies and stuff. (But I never worry too much about that) And while I'm trying to resist at the sweet syren song of chocolate the mosquitoes are literally eating me alive. It's not fair.
Things I'm watching: I'm currently watching S2 of Orange is the New Black
. I didn't watch some episodes of S1 and I'm jumping back and foward - as I usually do when I have a whole new series to watch, I just can't follow the right order - I'm still liking it. I especially like the characters' backstories and the new antagonist, Vee, is a very interesting character and so I don't miss too much Alex. Very interested in Vee's and Red's backstory and why they know each other so well. I'm also curious about the whole incident with Pornstache and the clandestine couple. (I like the new "owners" of the kitchen, especially Mendoza)
I also rewatched S1 of Buffy, the first two episodes. To me Buffy started with S2. (The episodes I watched for the first time came from S2) So it's always kinda curious to see that there was a season before. The fashion in the first season is so bad and the fightings are almost embarassing (They really didn't have a lot of money) but it's very nice to rewatch it, especially after reading good metas. I'm thinking about sunclouds33
's reasons to like Buffy: here
It's all true! Buffy's like a tiny blonde Jessica Fletcher. In the first episodes is very clear, especially since she doesn't really fight a lot (Or, to say it better, the fights aren't great. She did pick an epic fight against Luke and Darla). She investigates and she knows who's the vampire by looking at the details such as the wardrobe choices. It's really nice when a meta shifts the prospective and you realize some things you never actually catched before.
- The first Buffy's outifit is not that bad. She's actually really cute with the boots, the mini-skirt and the white top. The make-up is maybe too much, but it gets better in S2. SMG's body type was really different from the other seasons, that's something I've always think rewatching.
- I don't think that Cordelia was all that mean. Yes, she was really mean to Willow and it was unfair and she established her dominance by being mean to other people and using them (she wants to be Buffy's friend because she thinks that Buffy is cool, at first), but Jesse and Xander were kinda annoying. She doesn't want to go out or dance with you, give the girl a break!
- Willow's cute and she does have the wild card even in the first episodes. She hacks with computers and she follows the vampire after Buffy's suggestion to "seize the moment". And she didn't even really know Buffy at that time. (Which brings me to: Willow was always so very eager to play the good friend part to Buffy. She was eager for her approval and friendship and maybe she firstly assumed the Buffy's cheerleader role instead of making things about herself. Also it seems that Buffy is Willow's first female friend)
- Buffy's awesome. She chose Willow and Xander over Cordelia. She chose to be on the "losing" side instead of being Queen Bee of Sunnydale (Which she could easily have been after a bit of practice with slayer stuff) Also she cares a lot. She goes to Giles to say that she doesn't care while she's caring XD
- Buffy's still the character I relate/care the most, while partially relating to old school Willow.
- Darla seems so eager to please the Master and so scared by him. She almost seems a different character from AtS Darla. But at the heart I still consider her "patriarchy girl", if that makes sense. I think that she has a lot of power but it gets frustrated by the fact that it's always all about a man for her (The Master, Angel, Connor: the father, the husband and the son) She's the opposite of Buffy.
- Angel makes me laugh a lot and so does Giles. I mean, a guy suddently appears to tell you weird stuff and that's supposed to be attractive and/or mysterious. BE CLEAR, DUDE. XD People are dying, fucking say it as it is. And Giles is so innocent and doesn't know how to handle Buffy. That's almost cute!
- Joyce's hair is terrible. But I remember when my mom used a similar haircut. It always gets personal when I watch BtVS.